Custom Search

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Burger Spot: Taking the Spotlight!

Burger Spot Review

Burger Spot is the latest addition to the various joints in Kochi that offer the eponymous dish. So what makes this place different? Read on to find out!
Burger spot has a few branches around town. I had noticed them but shrugged them off as another attempt at taking a bite out of the already solid burger scene in town. It wasn’t until my friend recommended this place that I decided to go see for myself. I found that they sell different kinds of burgers, mojitos etc. On to the food review:

Fries[AME!]/Chips[BRE!]

The burger arrived with a small serving of fries [to be precise: three, I’m not joking, look at the picture!].
Chicken Burger with fries at Burger Spot, Kochi.
I tried the fries, which turned out to be really good: they were nice and crisp outside but the highlight was the fluffy center, just as it should be! Moreover, they were perfectly seasoned with salt and a little black pepper. It was so good I knew it deserved a special mention so we ended up ordering a plate. This came with a dip, as shown below. 

Chips/Fries with garlic mayonnaise dip at Burger Spot, Kochi.

The dip was basically a mayonnaise: smooth and delicious with a good hint of garlic which will please garlic lovers [and may put off those who are not so fond of it! Jokes apart though, it was not too strong for me but I do like the flavor so I guess it may be intolerable for a select few].

Burgers

I opted for a medium range chicken burger [the V2.0 or something to that name] to see how the place performs on average. 
Chicken Burger with fries at Burger Spot, Kochi.

Examining it, the burger came with cheese, an adequate dollop of mayonnaise and of course the prerequisite sesame bun. I took a bite and realized this was my new favorite joint [or should I say, spot?!]. The patty was soft and juicy, perfectly cooked. The best part was that it was really moist thanks to the mayo and the cheese added to the richness. The lettuce too was fresh and crisp. Don’t get me wrong: I like the burgers in other fast food joints like KFC, ChicKing, SFC etc. for their own flavor as well but this burger simply has so much more moisture it’s in a league of its own.

Mojito

I ordered a kiwi mojito. I must mention I was happy to see bits of kiwi seed floating around. You can see for yourself in the picture. 
Kiwi Mocktail at Burger Spot, Kochi.

I took a sip and was pleased with the result. It is extremely cheap yet manages to taste like the real thing, just the right balance of sweetness and flavour. I usually refrain from ordering any drinks from any place because I don’t like having too much to drink while eating but this is one place where I will make the exception. 

We have also tried their lime and mint mojito, which was topped with mint leaves and a wedge of lemon. This was also really refreshing and has the added benefit of aiding digestion. Highly recommended.
For the price, they deliver well.

My family and I have already gone back a few times afterwards to enjoy the food there and we have been satisfied every time. I can safely recommend this to anyone who likes to have good quality burgers and generally chill out without having to break the bank.

Type of Cuisine: Fast Food, Burgers
Locations
Near Sunrise Hospital, Seaport Airport Road, Kakkanad.
University Road, Sheba Square, Kalamaserry. 
Near Al-Ameen/Lulu Mall, Edappally. 

Parking: Most branches have decent space nearby. Can be a problem for the one near LuLu mall though we’ve never had issues.
Ambience: Good. The one near LuLu mall is small but reasonably good regardless.
Service: Good.
What we liked/Recommended for:

  • Great tasting burgers. 
  • Reasonable prices. 
  • Well priced mojitos. 
  • Great potato fries/chips. 
  • Good for garlic lovers. 
Potential Shortcomings: 
Parking at the outlet near LuLu mall may be challenging. 
Taxes: Included in price
Phone Number: +91 94968 16666
On Zomato:
      Burger Spot Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



Have you been to Burger Spot? Don't forget to share your experience in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment